Even the healthiest people I’ve seen probably have at least a minor digestive enzyme deficiency. If you have a heartbeat or a pulse rate, you also have stress in your life. Even the smallest amount of stress is going to impact the ability of your pancreas and stomach to produce optimal levels of enzymes.
How your body uses digestive enzyme is also affected by your level of stress. This is one way that stress impact your body’s ability to digest food properly. If you combine high stress with a poor diet, it’s just a matter of time before your health is going to hit a brick wall.
If you have fatigue, even in the absence of any GI symptoms, you need to think carefully about the kinds of foods you’ve been eating for the last few months. Think carefully about your lifestyle, including your relationships. Think about your sleep and physical activity habits. All of these factors can influence your digestive system. It’s not all about what you do or don’t eat.
To optimize your digestive enzyme, you need to tackle the stress in your life. I would estimate that a one percent reduction in stress will translate into about a six percent improvement in GI function. Everything you do to improve stress will improve your digestion. Take a look at some of my YouTube videos on stress. They explain how stress interacts with your gut function.
- Is Onion Good For Yeast Infection?
- Everything You Need To Know About Candida Glabrata
- Is Reishi Mushroom Good for Candida
- Does Candida Cause Sinus Infections, Headaches, and Fatigue?
- Recurring Ringworm: Can It Be Candida?
- Everything You Need To Know About Candida Auris
I’ve said this many times. 75% of gut health recovery is lifestyle related. The other 25% stems from eating a healthy diet and high-quality supplements. Supplements are often necessary because it’s impossible to live a stress-free lifestyle. Supplements are a great addition to a gut health treatment plan. Supplements can be taken short-term, long-term, or even indefinitely for some people with chronic conditions like cancer or chronic pancreatitis.
If you are going to take digestive enzymes, make sure you take enzymes meant for both the stomach and the pancreas. Taking enzymes both with food and away from food gives the best effect. If you find a good product, digestive enzymes can make a significant difference to your digestion and overall health.