One factor which is rarely considered after patients have been prescribed pharmaceuticals is that of detoxifying the body and in particular the liver. This is because many people fail to realize that not only can prescription drugs remain in the body and continue to work long after their illness has been treated, but also that most drugs contain ingredients which are completely unrelated to treating the illness, but which make it easier for the manufacturer to produce and standardize.
Before we go any further, we want to share something valuable with you. As part of our commitment to helping you overcome candida yeast infections, we've created a library of free resources and ebooks that provide science-backed strategies for getting rid of candida infections and getting your health back. Don't miss out on this opportunity to take control of your health - click here to download your free resources now.
- Drunk Feeling All The Time – Is It Candida?
- The 7 Most Common Varieties of Ocean Vegetables Good For Candida
- Candida Case Studies: Meet Ann
- The Importance of Detoxifying the Body to Treat Yeast Infections
- Enema Solution For Candida: How Enema Can Help Get Rid Of Your Candida
- Preventing Vitamin and Mineral Loss when Cooking Vegetables
For example, most modern pharmaceuticals contain what are known as fillers and flow-agents. These are compounds used to either bulk the product out while also making sure it does not disintegrate after being made, and others which help the original material flow through machinery without it becoming clogged or damaged. Similar compounds are also introduced into liquid medications whether they are being taken orally or injected. For example, many oral liquids contain stabilizers, flavorings and chemicals which prolong the shelf life. Injections are simply medications introduced into a fluid which allows it to be injected. Such fluids can contain many other chemicals which allow the product to remain stable or even to act as what are known as ‘buffers.’ Simply put this means chemicals are added which are meant to limit the ‘sting’ the patient feels when they are injected.
What the body then has to do is try and rid itself of these compounds since, with the possible exception of salt water which is often used as a buffer, they are simply toxic to the body or, with products such as calcium carbonate, they are difficult to digest. If the products are not cleared effectively by the body then this can result in some unpleasant and prolonged side-effects for users. This can be particularly prevalent in patients suffering from Candida and I often see patients who, after receiving pharmaceuticals, experience some, or sometimes all, of the following problems:
- Brain fog. A feeling of not quite being ‘with it’ and suffering from general fogginess which is difficult to shake off even after a good nights sleep.
- Recurring headaches or a strange head pain reflected as a dull sensation.
- General queasiness and nausea. This is often accompanied by digestive dysfunction.
- Poor appetite. Patients tend to find even their favorite foods lack appeal.
- Fatigue. This can affect your daily regime to the point it is difficult to get out of bed.
- Increasing anxiety and a corresponding decrease in motivation. These symptoms are often accompanied by the tendency to become angry more easily.
- Drugs. Often patients in this stage find that drugs which have previously had a desired effect, fail to provide a positive response even when dosages are increased.
Yet when we talk of ‘detoxifying the liver’ we are being a little misleading because what we are actually trying to do is to provide assistance to the liver so it can do its job effectively when under increased pressure.
One of the ways in which the liver detoxifies toxins is to convert them into something less harmful. When this happens a natural byproduct of the process is the increase of free radicals. By introducing natural antioxidants into the body, the damage, including indirect increased toxicity caused by the free-radicals themselves, can be mitigated simply by reducing their numbers. One of the most effective natural antioxidants available to us is thought to be curcumin. This is the element which gives turmeric its bright yellow color and it has been the subject of extensive research related not only to its antioxidant properties but also as an anti-inflammatory. If you want to read a little more about it then this research study here provides some good information https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17569207
Another way in which the liver detoxifies is to add compounds to certain toxins which results in making them not only less harmful, but more easily excreted by the body. One of the main ways in which it does this is by turning an oil based toxin into a water based one. Water based substances are much more easily disposed of by the body through the urine and require less ‘processing’ by other organs. Neither are they stored in adipose tissue and released slowly back into the body. This function of the liver is particularly relevant when it comes to pharmaceuticals and there are certain foods, including those which naturally contain sulfur, such as garlic, which can aid the liver in this process.
So what we really mean by detoxifying the liver is to aid it in its task or to minimize the consequences of the actions it performs when it has a lot of toxins to deal with. However it’s not really a complicated procedure to perform and can be achieved simply by making adjustments to our diet and including many of the products which provide antioxidant effects or assist the liver in converting oils into water based substances. Foods which are specific to this process include not only curcumin and garlic as mention above, but also:
- Freshly grated beetroot
- Freshly grated carrot
- Lightly steamed vegetables including: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts
- Freshly grated radish
- Chinese vegetables including; Boy chok and artichoke hearts
Freshly ground dandelion root coffee makes a good replacement for your normal coffee or tea beverage.
When it comes to choosing your vegetables and spices try, wherever possible to purchase local, organically grown produce. Often vegetables which are imported, and certainly herbs and spices, are irradiated. This has been shown in several instances to inactivate the enzymatic activity within such foods and, since it is the enzymes which are important to their efficacy, then you want to be as sure as you can be that they will work.
Another recommendation that I would urge you to consider is that of Swedish or Digestive Bitters. These stimulate secretions in the stomach and assist in balancing the metabolic processes and so keep the digestive function running effectively.
- How To Find The Right Candida Specialist for Your Candida Overgrowth
- Learn How To Treat And Get Rid Of Candida Yeast Infections
- Can Bentonite Clay Get Rid of Candida?
- Everything You Need To Know About Candida Glabrata
- Multiple Yeast Infections Have Tried Everything
- Can I Eat Asparagus on a Candidiasis Diet?
If you are looking for a supplement to add to your detoxing regime, then my preferred choice would be for CanXida Remove. It contains garlic that is has been aged but you can purchase any other high end supplement but when purchasing make sure you look for a high quality product from a reputable source.
One other suggestion I would make when entering onto a program to assist your liver in the detoxifying process is to steer clear of alcohol wherever possible. Other than that it is probably sufficient to include the above in your diet for around 3 months to ensure maximum effects with the minimum of fuss!