I often get asked about vaginal yeast infections by many patients, this is a particular area I’ve worked in now for a long, long time. There are three stages to effectively treating yeast infections of the vagina: Candida cleanse stage one, Candida cleanse stage two, and Candida cleanse stage three. You can read about these stages in more depth in chapter four of my Candida Crusher book.
The benefit of doing these three stages in most cases is significant relief. For those women who have chronic, recurring yeast infections, we can also consider boric acid treatment.
As a starting point, the three stages of treating vaginal yeast infections are as follows:
1. Manuka honey: I recommend using Manuka honey with a high Unique Factor Rating (UMF) of at least 16. Manuka honey can be expensive but has excellent anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and skin healing properties. Manuka honey is soothing and gentle for even the most delicate skin.
- Always Disconnected & Dizzy: Is It Candida?
- 8 Ways Fungal Candida May Reoccur
- Does Candida Cause Sinus Infections, Headaches, and Fatigue?
- Geotrichum and Yeast Infection: Are They Connected?
- Anxiety, Depression & Candida Connection
Ideally, get one tablespoon of the honey. Add one to two cloves of chopped garlic and let the mixture sit for several hours. Next, warm the honey up by placing it in a bowl that is suspended in warm water. Apply the honey/garlic mixture to the vaginal area and leave on for thirty to sixty minutes. That is stage one of my recommended antimicrobial treatment.
2. Stage two involves rinsing the honey away using a mixture of apple cider vinegar and lukewarm water. Use a few tablespoons of the apple cider vinegar into the water. After the honey mixture has been washed away, using water to remove the apple cider mixture.
3. Stage three involves soothing, cooling treatment using yogurt. Yogurt can be applied in a small amount using a turkey baster or a little pump. Let the yogurt cool and soothe the vaginal tissue for a bit, then irrigate out the yogurt with some water.
With more chronic cases that don’t respond well to Manuka honey, I recommended boric acid power. You can watch my videos on Women’s Vaginal Treatment if you want further details. I’ve had a 99% success rate for eradicating bacterial vaginosis or vaginal yeast infections. I’ve seen it work no matter the strain of Candida. I’ve seen boric acid work with Candida glabrata, Candida parapsilosis, and other hard to treat trains of Candida.