Food is the best medicine. The following foods are some of the best for creating a healthy digestive system.
1. Vegetables, fruit, legumes, nuts, and seeds: These foods support excellent gut health because of their fiber content. Some of the fiber is broken down and helps fuel beneficial bacteria in the colon.
2. Fermented and cultured foods: Fermented and cultured food are naturally good for digestive system health, providing you can tolerate them. Don’t add too many of these foods too quickly. If they cause bloating and gas, you need to pull these foods out of your diet. Wait until your gut is healthier and re-challenge yourself with those foods. In most cases, you will eventually be able to tolerate them.
3. Avoid artificial sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners can increase your sugar cravings and increase the activity of certain inflammatory pathways. Don’t eat that stuff – it’s junk. If you need something sweet, have some berries or Stevia.
- Everything You Need To Know About Candida Auris
- Difference Between Conventional Medicine and Natural Solution for Candida Yeast Infections
- Is Your Discharge Normal?
- Perseverance is Key: 12 Tips for Sticking with Your Candida Program – Part 2
- All You Need To Know About Giardia Lamblia
4. Prebiotic foods: I’m not a fan of prebiotic supplements because of the bloating and gas that they cause. Berries, almonds, leafy greens, and brassicas like broccoli and cauliflower are great prebiotic foods. Legumes, asparagus, sprouts are other prebiotic options. These foods are a great addition to the diet.
5. Whole grains: Whole grains contain a ton of fiber that is broken down in the large intestine. They contain a type of carb called beta-glucans. Whole grains are very, very good for the digestive system. Quinoa is an excellent grain to eat. Brown rice is a good grain to eat. Most people can tolerate these grains, but don’t start with large amounts.
6. Eat a diet diverse in different types of fiber: Don’t just stick with the same carrots and broccoli on your plate with a bit of boiled potato and a piece of chicken. Lots of people have diets that are too repetitious. My recommendation is to add a new vegetable to your diet every week. This provides new fibers and nutrients to your gut.
7. Probiotic supplements: Take a probiotic every day. You can take any probiotic that is balanced and contains at least three strains of Lactobacillus and two strains of Bifidobacteria. CanXida Restore is a probiotic that I designed. It includes six different probiotics and seven different digestive enzymes. The enzymes support the action of probiotics by ensuring that food is digested properly. The CanXida Restore capsule is designed to pay through the stomach intact and to release its content in the intestine, the target area.