Prevention of a man’s yeast infection is not unlike preventing a woman’s yeast infection. To reduce your chances of developing and maintaining a yeast infection around the penis and scrotum, I highly recommend that you follow the following ten rules. You will notice that quite a few of the lifestyle recommendations (like avoiding tight clothing, certain sports, spa baths, etc) are based on the fact that a men’s genital yeast infection can thrive in an environment which is warm, dark and moist and is fed on sugars and yeast foods in the diet. Knowing this, think about increasing the air flow around the penis and scrotum, wear cotton and loose fitting garments and remove the food supply that yeast likes to feed on: sugar and yeast laden foods.
Before we go any further, we want to share something valuable with you. As part of our commitment to helping you overcome candida yeast infections, we've created a library of free resources and ebooks that provide science-backed strategies for getting rid of candida infections and getting your health back. Don't miss out on this opportunity to take control of your health - click here to download your free resources now.
1. Avoid wearing tight clothing – if you have a penis or scrotum yeast infection. Wear loose fitting clothing made from natural fibers like cotton. Temporarily avoid hot baths and jacuzzis (whirlpool baths and spas), especially if you have existing yeast infection.
- All You Need To Know About Giardia Lamblia
- 10 Simple & Quick Tips for Crushing Female Yeast Infections
- Test Results Should Never Be Considered Exclusively
- All You Need To Know About Cryptosporidium
- Does Candida Cause Sinus Infections, Headaches, and Fatigue?
- Is Coconut Oil Good for Treating Candida Infection?
2. After swimming, shower and change into cotton underclothing and wear cool, loose fitting clothing. Always wear cotton.
3. Avoid alcohol – especially if you are prone to a men’s yeast infection, you will need to keep right away from alcohol if you have it. This may well be your single and biggest obstacle, and a maintaining cause I have verified with countless men.
4. Follow the Candida Crusher Program adopt the correct diet and especially avoid sugars and yeasty foods like chocolate, cookies, breads, candy, etc. My book Candida Crusher contains a large amount of lifestyle and diet information.
5. Avoid antibiotics for any type of illness – Antibiotics are one of the biggest causes of yeast infections; avoid them as much as possible. And if you absolutely must take them, be sure you take a course of a probiotics to follow-up with.
6. Trim pubic hair – Keep the pubic hair very short and trimmed around the genital region because if your hair is too long it may increase body heat in that area and ensure that the moisture is kept close to the skin. Long and bushy pubic hair may ensure that you maintain an ideal breeding ground for a yeast infection.
7. Avoid becoming overheated through sports, this may occur if you play active sports such as squash, tennis, or football. Having a sauna or even sunbathing can aggravate your skin condition if you have an active infection. If you get warm after playing sport, then have a cool shower afterwards and ensure complete dryness and clean cotton undergarments.
8. Treat for 3 months continuously – if you have a penis or groin rash make sure you treat it for at least 3 months (ninety days) continuously. It is common for a man to treat a yeast infection, eliminate the symptoms temporarily, and then have the condition come back with a vengeance several weeks later.
9. Swim in salt water – In summer, try to swim in the ocean regularly and if possible, allow sunlight on the affected areas. Your skin will respond very well because you are exposing the yeast infection to salt water and sunlight, two things that candida cannot tolerate.
10. Treat you partner too – It is highly recommended that you treat your significant other so they do not give it to you again; it is best to avoid “passing the parcel.”
11. Forget the quick-fix approach – you may end up having recurrent penis, groin, toenail fungus and digestive candida yeast infections like so many I’ve seen over the years. Do the diet AND lifestyle AND local treatment for ninety days without fail, and then keep on doing it until you get well and stay well for at least six months. Your reward will be well worth the effort, I guarantee it.
- Geotrichum and Yeast Infection: Are They Connected?
- What Is The Best Diet To Follow When Taking Antibiotics?
- Multiple Yeast Infections Have Tried Everything
- What’s the Relationship between Endometriosis and Candida?
- Everything You Need To Know About Candida Auris
- Why Fermented And Cultured Foods With Candida?
12. Coconut oil is a great lubricant – Use pure organic coconut oil as a personal lubricant. It is not only fragrant and most effective as a lubricant; it is also a very effective antibacterial and anti-fungal agent. This will ensure that you don’t easily pass a yeast infection from one partner to another.